ONE SKILLET SALMON WITH CREAMY GREENS
RECIPE CREATED FOR: Cast Iron Skillet
COOK TIME: Under 1 hr.
SERVING SIZE: 6
- Finely dice one and a half onions; slice the remaining half into 1” rings. Chop Swiss chard to your liking, keeping the leaves and stems separate.
- Heat 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium for 5 minutes, then add butter and diced onion.
- Sauté until translucent, then add chard stems and cook another two minutes.
- Add chicken stock and a big pinch of salt, then start folding in chopped chard leaves one large handful at a time.
- Pat salmon dry and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place 6 onion rings on top of the greens and place salmon filet on top of each (this will keep the salmon elevated and allow for even steaming). Cover and steam for 6 minutes.
- Remove salmon and discard onion rings. Mix 2 tablespoons adobo sauce with honey and brush onto salmon.
- Stir in sour cream into greens. Place salmon filets back on top and garnish with herbs, pumpkin seeds, and a squeeze of citrus.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- ONE SKILLET SALMON WITH CREAMY GREENS