PUMPKIN RISOTTO WITH CHANTERELLES AND HAZELNUTS
TIME: 40 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4-6
Gesa Hansen and her husband restaurant owner Charles Compagnon share one of their favourite meals: pumpkin risotto with chanterelle mushrooms and roasted hazelnuts. A French dream come true.
- Toast the hazelnuts for about 2 minutes in a large pan, without using oil, over medium-heat heat. Stir constantly, until the nuts are fragrant. Chop them roughly and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat half the olive oil over medium-high heat and cook the chanterelles, stirring gently, for about1 minute or until al dente. Set aside.
- Finely chop the onion. Chop the pumpkin. Finely chop the chives and set aside. Grate Parmesan and set aside. In a large pot or cocotte, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat and cook the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft, but not brown. Add the rice and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes, then stir in the pumpkin and cook for about 1 minute more.
- Add the white wine, bring to a quick boil, and cook until the wine is almost all gone. Add just enough broth to cover the rice, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook uncovered, stirring and gradually adding more broth to keep the rice covered. Cook until the rice is al dente and all the liquid is soaked, it shouldn’t be soupy. Stir in the butter and Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the risotto between plates or bowls and arrange the chanterelles on top. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts, chives, and additional Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Recipe from Zwilling Copyright ©2023
- PUMPKIN RISOTTO WITH CHANTERELLES AND HAZELNUTS