STEAMED VEGETABLE WONTONS
RECIPE CREATED FOR Steamers
COOK TIME: Over 1 hour
SERVING SIZE: 6
1. Heat oil in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add the shallot, carrot, celery, and green onion and sauté for about 3 minutes, until vegetables soften slightly.
2. Add the water chestnuts, garlic, mushroom, and bell pepper and continue to cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool before assembling wontons. Set up your work station in a large space equipped with a small bowl of water and pastry brush, large plate or cutting board, a package of wonton wrappers, and wonton filling. On a clean surface, line up 3 to 6 wonton wrappers at a time.
4. Brush the edges of the wrappers with a small amount of water. Place 2 teaspoons filling in the center. Crimp all edges like a pleat and pinch to seal, using more water to help if needed. Continue to fill the remaining wontons. Keep the prepared wontons on a clean tray or cutting board and cover with plastic.
5. Put the water in the cooking pot of the Cuisinart® Rice Plus™ Multi-Cooker. Select the Steam function. Set the timer to 14 minutes and press Start. While the cooker is preheating, place the wontons on the provided steaming tray, making sure that the wontons do not touch each other. Once the preheat tone sounds, carefully place the steaming tray with the wontons in the cooker. Close the lid and let cook for the remaining 11 minutes.
6. Once the audible tone has sounded to indicate the end of cooking, turn the unit off and open the lid. Carefully remove wontons. Serve warm with Ginger Dipping Sauce (recipe listed under Sauces and Dressings).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- STEAMED VEGETABLE WONTONS