GRILLED FISH ESCABECHE
RECIPE CREATED FOR: Signature Lite Grill Pan
COOK TIME: Under 1 hr.
SERVING SIZE: 2.4
Preheat an enameled cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Lightly brush the grill with oil, then add sliced pepper, onion, and fennel. Grill 2 to 3 minutes until just beginning to char, then set aside.
In a bowl, stir together 5 tablespoons olive oil, Champagne vinegar, carrot, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and a pinch of sugar. Let rest at room temperature.
Wipe the grill pan clean and heat again if needed. Brush lightly with oil. Pat the fish dry and season on all sides with remaining salt and pepper. Grill the fish on one side, skin side down, until grill marks form and the fish releases easily from the pan, about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not turn the fish until it is easy to release. Grill on the second side until the fish is cooked through and releases, about another 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Remove the fish to a serving platter. Spoon escabeche marinade and vegetables over the fish, then let rest 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley to serve.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, divided
- Pinch white sugar
- 2-4 (6-ounce) firm white fish fillets, such as sea bass, Mahi or snapper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- GRILLED FISH ESCABECHE