SKILLET DEEP DISH PIZZA
RECIPE CREATED FOR : Carbon Steel Skillet
COOK TIME: Above 2 hrs.
SERVING SIZE: 4
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well, then slowly add water and melted butter until the dough ball comes together. Knead this for 8-10 minutes until the dough is glossy and smooth. Alternatively, in a mixer, beat dough for 5-6 minutes with the dough hook on medium.
- Let ball of dough rise in a lightly oiled bowl for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to roughly a 16 by 12 rectangle.
- Spread on softened butter leaving about 1/2 inch around the edges of the dough.
- Roll up the dough like a cigar. Fold dough over itself into thirds. Pinch the seams around the dough to form a ball.
- Let dough rise a second time in your fridge for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll dough ball into about a 15-inch diameter circle.
- Add pizza dough to a 12-inch cast iron or carbon steel skillet. Work the dough up the sides and make a crust. Mush the dough into all the corners of the pan and crimp it around the edges.
- Add sliced mozzarella cheese to the bottom, followed by your marinara sauce. You can add all the sauce for a very saucy pie, or 1/2-2/3 of it if you want a less saucy pizza.
- Add small chunks of sweet Italian sausage (uncooked), sliced peppers, sliced onions, and grated Asiago cheese. Season the pizza with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 55-60 minutes. Let cooked pizza rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- SKILLET DEEP DISH PIZZA