Maple Citrus Glazed Ham
RECIPE CREATED FOR ROASTER
TIME: 2 hours
SERVING SIZE: 10-12
"MAPLE CITRUS GLAZED HAM WITH ROSEMARY BISCUITS AND MUSTARD AIOLI"
Redolent with citrus and spice, this bone-in glazed ham will be the star at any holiday table. The slow-roasted meat is served with fluffy rosemary biscuits and a rich mustard aioli for a decadent in-home carving station experience. Have the biscuits ready to transfer to the oven once the ham comes out to rest and you’ll have hot, fluffy biscuits ready to go by the time the ham is sliced. By cooking the roast in the enameled cast iron Multifunction Roaster pan and the biscuits in the coordinating lid, you can go straight from the kitchen to the table while keeping everything warm and stylishly colorful.
For the ham:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove any skin from the ham, leaving a layer of fat underneath. Lightly cut diamonds into the fat, covering the surface of the ham. Place a clove into the points of each diamond. Place the ham into the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- Place the maple syrup, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, cinnamon, ginger, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and nutmeg in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Whisk in the orange juice, orange zest, grapefruit juice and grapefruit zest. Pour half of the mixture over the ham.
- Place the ham in the preheated oven, and roast until hot throughout, about 1 1/2 hours. Using the other half of the maple syrup mixture, baste the ham every 30 minutes while cooking.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let rest 15-30 minutes before serving. Using the pan juices in the bottom of the pan, continue basting every few minutes while resting. Slice for serving.
For the biscuits:
- While the ham is roasting, make the biscuits. Place the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut the butter into 1/2-inch slices and toss in the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour into pea sized pieces. Stir in the rosemary. Add buttermilk and stir just until combined.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Turn the dough out onto the work surface and lightly knead to bring the dough together. Roll the dough out until it is about 1 inch thick. Cut the dough in half and stack on top of the other half, creating layers. Roll the dough out until the dough is about 1 1/2 inches thick. Repeat this process 2 more times, creating multiple layers. Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, punch straight down to cut out biscuits. Place the biscuits close together on sheet pan and place in refrigerator until ready to bake.
- While the ham is resting, increase oven temperature to 425°F. Place the biscuits on the sheet pan in the oven and cook until browned on top, about 15-18 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool a few minutes before serving.
For the aioli:
- Place the mayonnaise, whole grain mustard and garlic in a small bowl and stir to combine. Serve alongside the sliced ham and biscuits to make sandwiches.
Maple Citrus Glazed Ham
- Maple Citrus Glazed Ham