Oven-Baked Risotto w/ Lemon, Asparagus, Egg Yolk
There’s no need to stand at your stove stirring to be rewarded with a successful risotto. Baking your risotto in the oven will give you equally creamy results. An egg yolk folded in just before serving furthers the creamy effect. You may swap out the asparagus for another vegetable such as peas, or add a protein such as shrimp, scallops, or shredded chicken, if you like. Serve as a savory side dish or as a main alongside Grilled Romaine with Lemon and Parmesan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large cast-iron cocotte, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and rice and cook for another minute, or until the rice is coated with the oil and the garlic is fragrant. Stir in the wine, 4 cups of the stock, the lemon zest, and big pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until most of the stock is absorbed.
- Carefully remove the cover and fold in the blanched asparagus. Cover again and let the asparagus steam for 1 minute to warm it. Add egg yolk, the remaining 1/2 cup stock, and the cheese and stir well. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. Spoon into bowls and serve garnished with parsley and chives.
- Tags: asparagus-recipe BAKING best recipe 2023 best-recipe bestrecipe BREAKFAST BRUNCH CAST IRON cast iron cocotte castiron cocotte cocotte-recipe dasallas dutch oven dutchoven easy-cooking easy-recipe easy-recipes egg yolk recipe eggs holy-week-recipe large cast iron lemon recipe oven-baked oven-baked-risotto risotto Zwilling J. A. Henckels
- Oven-Baked Risotto w/ Lemon, Asparagus, Egg Yolk