PAN-ROASTED SEA BASS WITH GARLIC BUTTER
RECIPE CREATED FOR: Cast Iron Skillet
COOK TIME: Under 1 hr.
SERVING SIZE: 4
- Make the Chive Garlic Compound Butter: In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the chives, garlic, and salt and mix until thoroughly combined. Spoon the mixture in the shape of a log onto a piece of wax or parchment paper. Fold the paper over itself. Using your hands, shape the butter into a cylinder about 1 1/2 inches wide (almost like making a Tootsie Roll). Once it is shaped, twist the ends to seal it. Place in the freezer to set, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve or up to a month. When ready to serve, slice the roll into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and remove the parchment. (Only 4 slices of compound butter are need for this recipe.)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Generously season the sea bass with salt and pepper. In a large Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat, warm the oil until a few water droplets sizzle when carefully sprinkled in the skillet. Sear the sea bass, skin side up, until it is well browned and easily releases from pan, about 4 minutes. Flip over and cook until seared, about 1 minute. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast about 5 minutes or cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
- Serve each fillet with a slice of compound butter on top.
Chive Garlic Compound Butter:
Pan-Roasted Sea Bass:
- Recipe from Lodge Copyright © 2017.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- PAN-ROASTED SEA BASS WITH GARLIC BUTTER