RECIPE CREATED FOR : Grill
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the zucchini onto a clean kitchen towel. Carefully squeeze out the liquid and discard it. In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, Parmesan, and green onions and mix well. In a small bowl, mix the flour and baking powder well. Add to the zucchini mixture along with the egg and lemon juice and zest; mix well. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Spoon a heaping tablespoonful of the batter into the hot oil for each fritter, slightly pressing the batter down to form the cake. Fry until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes per side.
- As the fritters finish cooking, transfer them to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Continue frying until all of the batter is used; add more of the remaining 1/4 cup oil to the skillet as needed.
- 1 pound zucchini (8 to 10 small or 2 large), ends trimmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup blended olive oil
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- ZUCCHINI FRITTERS