MEDITERRANEAN CORNBREAD CAPRESE SKILLET
RECIPE CREATED FOR : Cast Iron Skillet
COOK TIME: Under 1 hr.
SERVING SIZE: 10-12
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Heat olive oil in a 10¼ in. cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pancetta, shallot, garlic and red bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the cornbread mix, basil, parmesan and milk in a medium bowl until combined. Stir in the pancetta mixture.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the cornbread mixture into the skillet. Bake at 375° F for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the tomato slices in single layer on the paper towels. Sprinkle with salt.
- Remove the cornbread from oven. Top with the sliced mozzarella. Place a tomato slice over each slice of mozzarella. Sprinkle with pancetta.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with basil and parmesan. Serve with the prepared marinara and with a basil sprig.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- MEDITERRANEAN CORNBREAD CAPRESE SKILLET