SORGHUM FRENCH TOAST
RECIPE CREATED FOR: Cast Iron Skillet
COOK TIME: Above 2 hrs.
SERVING SIZE: 6-8
- Grease a 10.25-inch Cast Iron Skillet with the 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice into 6 pieces. Arrange in the skillet in a single layer, crust sides up.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, sorghum syrup, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt. Pour evenly over the bread. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices. Sprinkle over the bread. Arrange the pieces of butter evenly over the top. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Use a small sieve or tea strainer to dust the confectioners’ sugar over the top. Serve immediately, straight from the skillet.
- Recipe from Lodge Copyright © 2017.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- SORGHUM FRENCH TOAST